Without the support and participation of county residents, Alliance success will be limited.
Here are ways you can get involved:
Like and follow our Facebook page! That is an easy one https://www.facebook.com/BroadbandAlliance
Another easy way to help: help us crowd source mobile coverage data for Mendocino by downloading the free CalSPEED app to your mobile Android or Apple phone, and test in all the cellular “dead zones” so that data goes to the PUC. You can also download the CalSPEED desktop app to send home broadband information to the PUC. You can find more information about how to use these apps in the NBNCBC Volume 3 newsletter, page 9 and 10.
Add your email address to our email list so that you can stay informed; your email address and name are kept confidential, and the Chair (Trish) only sends out very limited correspondence (meeting agendas, notes, and important updates). Send an email to Trish@MendocinoBroadband.org to add your name to the list
Become a member of the Alliance and add your talents and knowledge to our group. Here are some ways (and there are many more) that you may want to help:
- Join as part of the Alliance Advisory Panel
- Technical expertise/you could be called upon for advice
- Write articles about Alliance activities and/or post to social media
- Be an broadband advocate for your community/help organize your community
- Be a Broadband Alliance liaison for your organization
- Make a special topic presentation at one of our meetings
- Volunteer your talents. We are currently looking for a volunteer to take notes at our bi-monthly meetings.
- Get involved in the Phones That Work Campaign
- Get involved in one of our E-town initiatives (currently Ukiah and Fort Bragg)
Contact the Chair at Trish@MendocinoBroadband.org if you’d like to get involved in any way.
Join our bi-month Public Outreach meetings, either in person at Ukiah, or by calling-in
Thanks for your interest in the Broadband Alliance and helping to bring Digital Inclusion to Mendocino County!