January 7, 2014 Point Arena Planning Commission
The Broadband Alliance will attend the Point Arena Planning Commission’s public hearing on a fiber to the school deployment project to commend AT&T for this forward-looking step. The Alliance will also discuss the persistent digital divide in the Point Arena area that will remain after completion of this project.
Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
Point Arena City Hall
(map and directions)
- Meeting agenda
- Mendocino County Board of Supervisors’ letter to the Point Arena Planning Commission regarding AT&T Fiber Deployment to Mendocino County Schools (draft – as agendized)
- Letter from the Alliance to Congressman Jared Huffman, Re: substandard broadband in schools and libraries
- Broadband Needs Assessment for California Public Libraries, California State Library, 2013
- Looking for Broadband: Life on the Wrong Side of the Digital Divide, Alliance, 2013
- On the Wrong Side of the Digital Divide: What Happens When a Community Lacks Affordable High-Speed Broadband, CETF, 2013
- Executive Order 13616 – Accelerating Broadband Infrastructure Deployment Across the United States, OSTP, 2013
Executive Order 13616 is intended to make broadband construction projects along Federal roadways and properties cheaper and more efficient. This page provides current status of implementation of EO-13616.
- AT&T Permit Application for fiber project to the Point Arena schools, City of Point Arena