Join us for a lively discussion and to provide your input on the broadband needs for Ukiah’s businesses. All interested parties are invited to attend.
June 22nd (Wednesday)
Economic Development & Financing Corporation
205 N. Bush Street, Room 252
Ukiah, CA 95482
(map and directions)
This will be an opportunity to share your ideas, and discuss such questions as:
- How important is broadband for your business currently, using a scale of 1 – 5, with 5 being highest? Do you see broadband being important in 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?
- Are your broadband needs being met? If not, why?
- What is your definition of “good broadband infrastructure?” Does Ukiah currently have it?
- Is the current broadband infrastructure “good enough” to attract new businesses? Is it “first-class” or “second-class” or worse? Are we satisfied with what is offered?
- Is there a demand for super-fast broadband (fiber) in the urban core?
- What are the barriers to getting it?
- If there is a need/demand, how can we aggregate that demand and turn it into opportunity? How can we collaborate and unite the business community?
- Could the urban core of Ukiah be a place for super-fast broadband?
Participants will be provided and asked to complete a short on-site survey related to these questions. You are also welcome to print out this survey and share with any business unable to attend this meeting, and mail it back to us by August 30th. Please send the completed survey to: Broadband Alliance, PO Box 286, Laytonville, CA 95454
Broadband Business Survey